Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hot, Short Post

I was just checking out Sweet Maria's and stumbled across this:


For the latter half of my tenure at Luxxe, I was looking for a electric kettle with programmable temperature. We were using the Zojurishi 5.0 liter boiler, which I thought could have been better. I'm not a fan of only having three temperatures to choose from, so something like this Pino would have been great. I'm going to save up some tip money, and drive up to Oakland to grab one. For now, I'm going to buy a battery to replace the dead one in my digital thermometer and syphon up some OcaƱa.

-Ian.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking at one of these in the roastery right now. Come test it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, tell the nice people what you think of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea is nice. The execution is what you'd expect. Turning on and off repeatedly at or around your desired temperature. I mean, it works if you don't mind being ±3 degrees off. I think that an electric kettle with like 50 tiny heating elements would be sweet. Starts off with all 50 on and then some start turning off as the desired temperature is approached. I don't know much about the physics of this idea, but if the configuration for the heating elements that are on were to change, maybe it'd effect stability. Figure this out for me, Withers.

    ReplyDelete