Friday, July 23, 2010

Quickie.

I had some downtime, so why not make a post?

A few days ago, I headed down the coast for a few days. Taylor, super-friend and former co-worker, is about to head off to Japan to study there for a year. My friends Brittani and Nicole proposed that we make the trip down to Orange County to visit Tay-Tay before she leaves.


Brittani / Nicole
Taylor
On the way there, we stopped off in Santa Barbara to go visit The French Press on their  1-Year Anniversary. Julia and Teezy are some of the most solid, awesome people I've ever met. You walk into their store and it doesn't matter if you've never met them before, because they'll treat you like their best friend from High School. Great espresso, great environment, and it won't be another year before I head down there again.

Next, Nicole, Brittani, and I went down to Luxxe for a quick minute, and then my house in Culver City, where my mom had made us Mac 'n Cheese and bought Brittani a cake for her birthday. We hung around the city and went to the cafe I used to perch at and hung out with a few of my old friends. I don't see many of them that often, but it's great that whenever I go back, it feels like a never left. Old habits die hard, and in this case, it's a good thing.

The next morning, I went down to The Conservatory to visit AJ and grab some coffee. If you recall, I used to work here and got my first real introduction to specialty coffee. I sincerely believe that had it not been for this place, I wouldn't be where I am right now. 

Hit up Intelli.Venice afterwards and had some great espresso, grabbed some coffee, and chatted up a few people who work there. Both Percy and Tyler were there (they previously crashed at the Mansion for a night), so it was awesome to see them. Sad to know that Percy is moving to the Pasadena store, but I'm sure I'll see him soon enough. M'lissa Owens was there too, so I got to say hi to her as well. Also, I got to see Nina, manager of Intelli.V, who I haven't seen in almost a year. Great times.

Then we finally got down to Orange County to see Tay. We had great fun, awful espresso, and continued a tradition of Ice Cream For Breakfast. Or açaí. Whatevs. Most importantly, we sailed. Literally. On a boat. Check this shit:

Boat:
Ian / Brittani / Nicole

Anyway. A good time was had by all. It was a fun 3 day vacation, and I'm going to miss Taylor a great deal. Good luck, kiddo.

Now I'm back in Santa Cruz, back to life and Verve. See you there.

-Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment